Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012

Holy crazy week!! Here's the list of all the driving we got to do this week: Wednesday morning, from Heber to American Fork for Zone Leader Council with Elder Kolliker (1st quorum of the 70), then to Provo, pick up transfer van, drive out to Roosevelt, pick up missionaries, drive back to Provo, stay the night in Provo. Thursday morning, drive to Orem, Zone Conference with Elder Kolliker, Drive to Roosevelt, drop off missionaries, drive to Provo, drop off van, drive back to Heber.  Thursday, follow-up ZLC with Elder Kolloker in Provo, drive back to Heber. Saturday, A couple from the Spanish branch in Heber got sealed, and there was a baptism in Provo, so we drove to Provo, then back to Heber. Sunday was nice, we got to stay in Heber all day.  Today, we have to go to Provo to pick up a couple new missionaries. and tomorrow we have another meeting in Provo we have to go to.  I calculated all of the driving time from this last week, and figured out that if I had used all that time to just drive home, I would have easily gotten home with all that time, even if I drove the speed limit :D  haha, but I'm still here, and we had some cool things happen this week.  First of all, we've been in a trio which has been pretty exciting.  Unfortunately, Elder Lambert who has been with us, is getting a new companion today (a missionary who is waiting on his visa to go to Spain) and so he will be leaving us.  HOWEVER, we are also getting a visa waiter, so there will still be three of us! :D We leave to pick him up in Provo (about a half hour drive) in about 2 hours (there goes p-day once again).  Oh, exciting news! I finally decided to buy myself a reeses peanut butter ice cream cake for my birthday that was almost a month ago! I'm quite excited to eat it!

Ok, now for the truly good news.  About a year and a half ago (in my first area) I was teaching a couple of kids named Mario and Luis. I'm pretty sure I shared most of this story a couple weeks ago, about how they finally got baptized, well this weekend I was able to go down to Provo to see Luis baptize his dad! It was one of the more precious moments on my mission.  That family has really had a change of heart. I was talking to Mario, and he said he even caught his mom reading the Book of Mormon! They're excited to have the mom and daughter get baptized shortly.

I am SOOOOOOO excited for general conference! First of all because I get to go to the Saturday morning session! Secondly because I get to drive the massive 12 passenger van to it, and thirdly, because it's GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! :D  I always get sooo pumped up during these things.  Especially as a missionary.

If you get some time, you should go look up the talk "A Teacher Sent from God" by Elder Holland from 1998. I listened to it recently, and completely agree with it, and absolutely LOVE many things that he teaches! I HIGHLY suggest it.

Many other miracles have been happening lately, and I apologize that I'm slightly too distracted to think of them at this moment, but we really have had some awesome stuff happen lately.  I really enjoy being a missionary here in Utah. I feel so much love and support. The gospel is true, and it burns within me.

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment