Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Last one... crazy!

I'm not exactly sure why, but it really hasn't hit me that my mission is over yet...and I don't think it will until friday morning when I wake up in my bed in Oregon. We've got some awesome lessons tonight, and we're excited to get some more work done before I have to go home.  This area is really picking up, and I'm excited to hear what happens here in the next few months.

This sunday was crazy!! They all found out that it was my last week, and decided to make me do EVERYTHING...but I enjoyed it :D.  First of all, we were just barely able to obtain a system to do live translating of the speakers in sacrament meeting for those who come to sacrament meeting who don't speak spanish, and they had me translating that part.  They also had me conducting all of the Hymns.  Then, there were a couple of talks in english, and I had to go up to the podium and translate their talks (First they say a sentence or two in english, and then I repeat it all in spanish over the pulpit, and then it continues.  I was pretty much running back and forth from the translating thing, to conducting, and back to translating...it was pretty exciting! And at the end, they asked me to come up and share my testimony.  It was a pretty wonderful experience.  My back has been doing a lot better......until today. We went out to Duchesne this morning and played basketball and Volleyball (I didn't participate in that latter because of my overwhelming dislike for the "sport") and I strained my back a little bit. Not too bad though. I'm still fully functioning this time.  I guess I'll just have to take some time this next week or two when I get back to lay on the couch and watch football or something :P  Everyone always says: "You can rest/sleep after your mission!"  I never thought I would actually be needing to do that, but I guess I will.  Unfortunately, we're running behind, and I've gotta get going, but I just want to end saying how much of an incredible experience this really has been.  It has been exactly what I needed. It's incredible how customized this experience has been to ME. I have grown sooooo much, and I may not be ready to move on to the next phase of life, but I have been well prepared an am excited to continue on.  This gospel is so incredible, I could never give it up for anything.

Love to all!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment