Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, June 18, 2012

CHANGGGGEE

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED! And now for some even crazier news. I'm going to serve with Elder Jensen....AGAIN! I was with him last transfer, and then he went off to Heber, and I got elder Bishop, and now I'm going to Heber to be with Elder Jensen! Needless to say, my mind was absolutely blown..... So yeah, on Wednesday I'll be leaving the valley, and going out east. It's a part of the eastern Utah zone, so I probably will just be between Heber and vernal, and wont see Provo or Orem again until the end of my mission.  Kinda sad about that, but also kinda excited about that.

In other news, the mission office is moving this week.  TAKE NOTE!: IF YOU SEND ME LETTERS, PLEASE SEND THEM TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: (Line 1) Elder Thomas Williams (line 2) Utah Provo Mission (line3) 85 North 600 East (line 4) Provo, UT 85606.

More news, starting on the 28th, we'll have a new mission president! HOLY COW! Things are about to change a lot! But it will be a good thing. I'm excited to see all the change that happens in my last couple of months here.

Funny story: So we ride around a lot with our ward mission leader Brother Cuevas, and  Elder Bishop always sits in the back (there are tinted windows back there) so as we drive around, we always wave at people.  I guess Elder Bishop didn't realize that people couldn't see him in the back, because one day I didn't really feel like waving at people for some reason, and Elder Bishop kept waving, and expecting people to wave back, and nobody was. So he got really confused, and kinda annoyed and sad and asked "Why isn't anyone waving back." Needless to say, when he found out people couldn't see him, he felt pretty dumb. It was a good moment.

So we've been teaching this girl named Anna. She told us the very first time that we met with her that she didn't want to get baptized, and had no intentions of doing anything of that sort, and that she just basically wanted to learn...Well, we invited her to come to church with her inactive dad, and guess what: THEY CAME! Unfortunately they left very quickly after the first part, and we weren't able to ask them how they liked it. So we went over there a couple of days later to talk with her, and asked her: "so what did you think of church?!" She basically replied: "I liked it a lot! I feel like that's the place that I belong"  we replied "so will you be baptized on June 30th?"  "Yes, I will"  BAM! I love it when things go that incredibly! :D

Last cool experience. So we were out street contacting, and I saw this white guy with a bag with the word: "Ecuador" written on the back.  So I yelled at him "Habla espanol?!" He turned around super surprised, and said "si" (he served a Spanish mission, and is now teaching in the MTC) anyways, the conversation continued for a few minutes, then all of a sudden this Hispanic family appeared out of nowhere! so we went with him and talked with them. It was pretty awesome. They don't live in our area at all, but we were able to testify to them, and leave them with strong testimony, made even stronger by the return missionary.

Bueno, Love ya all!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment