Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

Awesome Miracle: Last monday night we were out tracting (knocking doors) looking for people to teach, and we were having basically no success at all, and we saw this white guy sitting on some stairs by some apartments about 30-40 feet away.  Honestly, my first thought was "He's white, we're the spanish speaking missionaries, Why would I waste my time to go talk to a guy we would have to pass over to the english elders. But My companion and I shortly got over that, and went to talk to him anyways.  We walked over to him, and I saw him drinking a beer, and instantly judged him again "This guy is an inactive member who got mad at somebody at church and never went back, and fell in to bad habits" (I feel terrible for thinking that by the way). As it turns out, I was completely wrong. He told us quickly that he was not Mormon, and not really interested. We pushed him a little bit more, and he started to talk, and stuff (I've noticed that people here are often very rude for about the first 10 seconds, as if they've already decided that they're going to be mean to any missionary they meet, but then they realize that we're just normal people, and that there's no reason to be mad, and they become very friendly quite quickly) After about 5 minutes of talking with this guy, he finally told us: "you know, I think God sent you guys here today to talk with me right now" "And why's that" we asked.  He then started to cry and told us that his mother had passed away 2 HOURS BEFORE, and he had no idea what to do, so he just went outside, opened a beer, sat there, and started drinking, then shortly after that we showed up.  I found tht quite incredible, because we had honestly NEVER stepped foot in that cul-de-sac where he lived, and didn't plan on going there because there are really no hispanics who live there.  We testified to that man about the plan of salvation the God has for us, gave him a hug, set up an appointment, and left.  Long story short, my mind was blown.
 
It seems like there has been a lot of death recently in this area. We have about three investigators who have very recently lost family members. It's prety depressing really, except for the fact that it really makes a lot of them open up to th gospel, and want to really learn more, especially about the plan of salvation.
 
Unfortunately I have to go. I don't have much time today, but love to all!
 
Also, if you've got 10 minutes, check out these two websites:
 
www.mormon.org/paora Awesome mormon basketball player
 
Love to all,
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment