Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, May 28, 2012

BAPTISM! May 28, 2012

The last week has been incredibly frustrating! but for interesting reasons. We had interview with our mission president this last week, and after the interviews when we were leaving, something happened, and my companion said: "FREAK!" (That happens to be one of my favorite words btw). President Pitts looked at us and said: "You shouldn't say that word anymore."  From that moment, my companion and I evaluated our vocabulary, and have been trying to take out ALL of the questionable words that we say. We made a competition out of it actually.  I must admit, Completely changing your language is somewhat difficult! I've found it very interesting though. I've discovered that whenever something happens that would make me mad and the word "Freak" comes to mind, and I remember that I can't say that word, and suddenly I'm not mad anymore!  We've also started substituting the word "Fooooooo." It's quite entertaining actually.  Poco a poco la estoy quitando de mi vocabulario.
 
This week has also been incredibly rewarding! WE HAD A BAPTISM ON SATURDAY!! I think I told a bit of the story last week, but she actually got baptized! and Surprisingly she asked ME to baptize her! That was pretty exciting.  Oh, and we got to watch the movie 17 Miracles with them on sunday night as well. Incredible film!
 
So this next week, we're going to have a baptism as well, and for some reason, this girl wants me to baptize her as well! I think people just like being baptized by tall people. I'm alright with that though. I'll tell the story behind this one next week.
 
So we had something cool happen this last week. We were just out knocking doors, because we had nothing else to do really, and all of a sudden this little tiny dog runs up to us. It's owner of course had to follow it, and came up to us. As it turns out, it was a non-member latina, who ended up being interested in learning more. She's been having a LOT of problems with her son lately. He was living with his girlfriend, and then about a week or so ago, the girlfriend basically just left him. He's been drinking himself to death and doing all sorts of drugs and stuff to try to distract himself, and it's been pretty hard on his mother as well. Well, we were able to testify of the truthfulness of this gospel, and teach her a little bit of how it could bring her joy and happiness in this life. She seemed pretty relieved, and happy to talk to us. It was overall a pretty awesome experience, and we're excited to talk with her again.
 
Life is going pretty incredible right now. I guess that's what the gospel does to you: it makes you happy! YAY!
 
Anyways, time is short today (Like usual apparently)
 
Love to all!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment