Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference!

This week I had the incredible opportunity to go to GENERAL CONFERENCE!! It was probably one of the highlights of my mission! We got to go to the Sunday afternoon session. The mission has a big 12 passenger van, and for some reason they picked me to drive me and 11 other missionaries up to conference. That was pretty dang fun driving that massive van all the way up to Salt Lake! I wish I had taken a picture, but I forgot, and my camera died...  The conference center is SOOO MASSIVE!!! and it was completely filled, basically to capacity! There was maybe 50 seats empty in the entire place? If that.  We got to sit right down in the front, but all the way off to the right. We were basically looking at the left side of all the people who talked. We got to wave at everybody as they came in though. It was pretty cool.  Oh, I got to see Landon Young there as well. That was a nice surprise.  I was also somewhat surprised at how many of the speakers spoke on the topic of forgiveness.  It appears that we all need to humble ourselves and forgive people. I think this especially applies to me. There have been missionaries who have done little things that have annoyed me, and I realized that I've been holding on to those things in my mind. It's time to let them go I guess.  I love how much I get humbled on the mission. The only problem with that is that every time I get humbled, it makes me better, and then I realize that I'm better than before, and get all prideful, and then I have to get humbled again. It's quite a strange, yet useful cycle. Hopefully it continues.  I especially liked how President Henry B Eyring spoke about how we should ask for challenges, or opportunities to prove to God that we will follow him no matter what. It might be hard, but I think I'm going to try it sometime in the next couple weeks.  We'll see if I pass the test and get to see miracles.

We had transfers this last week, and my new companion is Elder Jensen. He's a little bit short, but he's an awesome missionary, and he definitely knows how to work. He's pretty funny too. We get along really well.

Well, I gotta get running.  Have an Incredible week!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment