Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Almost April!

Guess what?! I get to go to general Conference LIVE on Sunday morning!!! It's blowing my mind! Elder Clark and I have been listening to Conference talks every night as we go to sleep, and I gotta admit, I'm pretty dang excited for conference this time around. It's crazy to imagine that I'll be going home shortly after the next general Conference. Time is going by WAYYY too fast!

Other interesting news, we have TRANSFERS this week!  My companion Elder Clark will be going to Heber, and I will be staying here training a new Zone Leader (He's actually been out longer than me apparently) here in South Orem.  Should be pretty dang exciting. 

Fun things that have happened this week: Last Monday evening we stopped by a lady named Sonia. A couple of months ago, apparently the missionaries asked them if they wanted to come to church, and she said "NO."  Well we just found out this last week that her main concern with that is that she thought they had to be baptized before they could even visit the church. We told them that they were more than welcome to come as visitors. She and her husband got really really excited and said that they're going to come a couple of times, and if they like it, they'll probably get baptized! It's crazy how one little tiny misunderstanding can hold people back that much.  In any case, we went back, and her husband wasn't home, but Sonia was there. We taught her an incredible lesson about prayer, and by the time we left, she was basically glowing. I'm pretty sure that she was actually radiating light. It blew my mind. Needless to say, we are VERY excited to see what happens with them.

Another interesting occurrence; The missionaries have been teaching a lady from Venezuela for a long time. She works a TON, and even though she doesn't work on Sundays, she's been using that as an excuse to not come to church. It's fairly interesting because she is very intelligent, and reads the book of Mormon, knows that it's all true, and has a desire to even be baptized, but just has been very slow to get around to acting on that knowledge.  Well, we stopped by the other day, and while we were talking to her, she told us that that week her 14 year old son had told her that he didn't believe in God.....at all. Not even close.  That really struck her, because she realized that her decisions to not go to church (Whether the Mormon Church, or any other church) or read the scriptures often, or even pray were really making a difference in the lives of her kids as well, and one of which is now basically atheist.  That hit her REALLY hard. It really impacted me as well. Needless to say, she was very humbled, and she showed up to church this week with her daughter.

It's almost sad sometimes to see how set people are in their ways, and how much it takes to jolt them in to reality, and to realize that they really do need God in their life. I've heard people say "I don't need God, I can do this all on my own."  It's nice that they think that, but I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.  When Judas Iscariot realized what he had done, and realized how alone he was, he was so incredibly depressed that he went and hung himself.  Put God first, not last, and watch your life change. I dare you.

Ug ug ug ug ug. So much I want to say, and absolutely no time to share even the smallest part.  My apologies, but I have to go

Love to all!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment