Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 13, 2012

This week was a week full of surprises.  Elder Harker and I have been telling president Pitts and the assistants to the president that they can't transfer us. That we both have to stay together in this area, but on saturday afternoon we got a call from president telling us that we were going to be split up. He said he tried to keep us together, but in the end he just couldn't. So I'm now getting transferred about 5 miles down the road to serve as a zone leader in the University Zone.  My new companion is Elder Clark, and I know absolutely nothing about him. Should be fun.  I'm definitely going to miss all the people from this area though. I've made some pretty incredible friends, and met some pretty incredible people while I've been here.
 
So we had some baptisms this last week! We actually had a pretty strange/incredible experience with one of them.  We baptized 3 teenage girls (ages 14, 16, 18). Well we were there the night before, and as we were leaving, the two older girls were both leaving to a party.  Well, after we got home that night, we were all three unrestless, and for some strange reason, we were all extremely concerned about teh girls.  We ignored it at first, but decided to call the mom and tell her we were feeling uneasy. We talked to her for about 20 seconds and her and her husband said "ok we're going to pick them up now."  The girls were planning on staying out till about midnight, and this was at about 10:30. We kinda felt like dorks, because we were the cause of the parents going to pick up there kids early from their party. They got baptized and confirmed and everything, and then their mom told us that it really was inspired taht they went to pick up their girls early that night. The girls didn't do and weren't planning on doing anything wrong, but it was basically just a really good thing that they left early.
 
I apologize, I'm somewhat distracted today with transfers coming in a day or two, and I've got a lot on my mind, so I can't really think of much else to write right now, but I wish the best to all, and I hope you all have a great week!
 
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment