Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

Cool miracle happened (I think it was this week? Time is flying by too quickly to tell.) We went to go contact some people, and we looked on the list of people that we were going to contact, and on the list there was a lady who had apparently requested the video "The Restoration."  We don't know if the missionaries ever got over there to deliver it, so we decided to go and offer her another one and see if she was interested.  Well, we showed up, and someone other than the person we were talking to answered the door. We talked with her for a minute or two, and she began to tell us a story. She said that her husband is currently in jail, and while he's been in jail, he started reading the Book of Mormon, and he absolutely loves it, and that it's changing his life. Well, unfortunately, he's going to get deported in about 3-4 days from now, and he wants a copy of the Book of Mormon to read in Mexico, so he asked his wife to find him a copy of the Book of Mormon, and to put it in his bags that he's going to be taking with him to Mexico, because the jail won't let him take their copy with him. His wife told him that she had no idea where she would find a copy of the Book of Mormon, but that she'd try.  Guess what happened next? That's right, the next day or so, we showed up on her front door step.  Coincidence? I think not.
 
Another miracle happened! It snowed! My companion is from Long Beach, California, and absolutely loves snow, as do I. We were in a lesson, and it started snowing, and since that moment, we have both been very content.  I also finally got to have one of my LIFE LONG dreams fulfilled. I have ALWAYS wanted to ride my bike in the snow, so guess what we did?: WE RODE OUR BIKES IN THE SNOW!  That was possibly one of the best moments of my life so far.  We didn't even fall over....well almost. We were doing so good, and we got to our garage and everything, but then my companion fell over while he was dismounting from his bike.  I felt kinda bad, but it was pretty hilarious.
 
Lately it seems like we can't do anything wrong. Everything we do has been leading to awesome things happening.  We decided to ride our bikes around in the snow just because we wanted to, and then the next day at church, we had a LOT of people come up to us and tell us what an inspiration we were to them because we were riding around even in the snow, and they're starting to really get excited about the missionary work.  This work is honestly incredible!
 
So yesterday I had an interesting realization. We were at an investigator's house, and the mom of the family commented on how I am always super happy and smiling all the time. I thought about it, realized it was true, and then on later thought, I realized that I am probably the happiest that I have ever been in my entire life.  We're having some CRAZY awesome experiences here, and I'm really starting to realize how much I'm going to miss the mission when it's all over. I've still got about 9 months left, but that's starting to feel extremely short.  I wish this could just go on forever.
 
Yesterday we got to see the prayer of an 18 year old girl answered right in front of our eyes. Her family is getting baptized, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to or not.  We took her off to the side and talked to her individually, shared some stuff from the Book of Mormon, and she started to cry. She now says that she wants to get baptized, and not only that but she wants to serve a mission, and do everything she can to follow Christ.  You can't imagine how incredible I feel right now. It's indescribable.
 
The church is true. Of that there is no doubt!
 
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment