Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011


Bishop Burton (Presiding Bishop) came to one of the stakes here for stake conference yesterday! It was pretty awesome.  He talked about Chocolate chip cookie days, and how everyone needs to store up on the good days of life, so that when bad times some you still have some chocolate chip cookies (wheat free of course) left to keep ya going. Unfortunately today we are really pressed on time, and I can't really go in to much more detail about that.

Today, my trainee goes to Argentina! His Visa finally came, and he's already to go. We went around saying good-bye to people, and in about 3 hours he flies out. It's been a pretty incredible experience training someone how to be a missionary. I'm definitely not even close to perfect, but I've really really enjoyed the opportunity to share my experiences and knowledge that I have learned with someone else. It's helped me a lot to be able to see my own personal potential as well. It's kinda hard to really see how far you've come as a missionary, but I've been able to see a little bit of the growth that I've had since the beginning as I've studied, and taught with Elder Arroyo.  Unfortunately, like all other things in this life, everything has to come to an end.  Fortunately, I still have a solid companion Elder Bosch, and I'm excited to get out there with just us two and do some work.

A couple quotes from the last week that someone might find funny:
-After watching Elder Uchtdorf's Mormon message about the 4 year old kids and marshmallows: "I guess I'm just a one marshmallow kind of guy"
-During a baptismal interview with a 9 year old while talking about prophets: Me-"Why is it important to you that we have a living prophet today?" Him-"Well it's really good because I don't think we've had one for a really really long time!"
-Talking about somebody, I have no idea who (I couldn't remember the animal "Cat" for some reason)- "Oh she's just a scaredy pig"

Well that's all the time I've got today. 

Last thought: Look for miracles, they're out there

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment