Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

What an incredible week! It appears that we are going to have 5 baptisms this next weekend!!!!! RIDICULOUS! We were only planning on having 4, but then something crazy happened. Let me explain. Yesterday (Sunday) after church, we had planned for one of our investigators to have his baptismal interview about 15 minutes after church ended.  So we were there talking with him, saying goodbye to our other investigators, and just kinda waiting.  Anyway, the guy who was going to do the interview showed up, and our investigator went in to his interview.  While he was in the middle of his interview we got a phone call from one of our investigators named Manuel. Now, a little bit about Manuel: My first Sunday here in Payson, he as invited to come to church, and decided to finally come. So we showed up, and there was someone there waiting to point him out to us. We went up and talked to him, asked him if we could stop by and talk to him about what we believe sometime, and he basically said "not really." Well, for some reason or another, he kept coming back to church, let us start teaching him, and even went to General Conference in Salt Lake! We taught him pretty much everything, and asked the baptismal questions, but he didn't think he was ready yet to make that step to get baptized.  Well, he called us while the other investigator was getting interviewed and asked my companion, "can I get a Baptismal Interview" (I hink we'd told him that the other investigator was going through his baptismal interview). My companion told him to wait just a second, and looked at me confused. He told me "Manuel said he wants to know if he can get a baptismal interview" I then got confused, and replied back to him: "Ask him why". At that point, he passed me the phone, and I asked Manuel, "You want a baptismal interview?" He said "Yes"  I asked him, "Now?" "Yes"  I then asked, "Well do you want to get baptized on saturday?" He said "Yeah, that would be for this saturday." At this point, I believe my brain exploded. We told him yes, and he showed up 5 minutes later, had his baptismal interview, passed it, and he's going to get baptized this weekend!!!!  I'm still not sure I've recovered from my brain explosion. I must admit, I've heard stories like this happening before, but I never really expected it would happen to me.
 
Besides that, we've got a family getting baptized this week. They have really changed. It's been incredible to see how much they've soaked everything up like sponges. One of the daughters who had the biggest doubts in the beginning has changed completely. She's started reading the Book of Mormon about a week or two ago, and she's about to finish first Nephi! CRAZY!
 
The other Man who's getting baptized also has an incredible story, but I don't have time to share it now.
 
The Book is Blue, the word is True, and even you can know it know it to.
 
Miracles: They happen, go find them. If you're not looking for miracles, you're wasting your time.
 
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment