Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

For some reason, it this week seemed both really long, and really short all at the same time.  Elder Nunez is now safely in Panama, which is pretty strange. This is the first time that any of my companions in the mission have finished and gone home. It's strange. It's also strange to think that in 3-4 days I'm going to be HALFWAY. Craziness.
 
I've been learning a lot about patience and humility lately. (once again). I'm obviously trying to do the best that I can, and I've come a long way, but there are still a lot of things that I need to change about myself if I ever even want to THINK about being perfect (Matt 5:48 I think).
 
You know what is probably the most incredible thing about being a missionary? seeing the changes made in people, and seeing when they really come to have their own testimony. We're teaching a family right now, and everybody except the oldest daughter in the family decided they wanted to be baptized and started coming to church, and doing everything possible to achieve that goal.  Since that point, the oldest daughter got interested. She is really smart, and really focused. She really thinks about things, and I love it! So one day we came, and she had read the pamphlets that we had left the family, and she had a few questions about it. So then we invited her to read the Book of Mormon, and when we came back 2 days later, she had read the first 10 chapters, and she's still going strong.  You know what the best part about that is though? Not only is she starting to love the things of the church, but she told us straight up  that she's really noticed a difference in her life. She actually feels different.  She says she's starting to love the Book of Mormon, and she's finding things in there that appear to be there just for her! INCREDIBLE!  I'm excited for her, and her family. They are truly an example to me!
 
Well, Unfortunately, we have a crazy day today, and I have to go, but I just want to conclude with my testimony that this gospel really can change lives for the better! Everyone can find in the Book of Mormon the little "Pearls of truth" that our investigator is finding right now.  LOVE IT!
 
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment