Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, October 10, 2011

10-10-2011

This transfer is coming to a close! It's been a very, very, very unique transfer, but pretty incredible. I've learned a LOT, and realized how far I really still have to go to become a "perfect missionary." Once again, humility has become a major topic for me. I have a feeling I'm going to have to be working on that through the rest of my mission.

Another strange thing I've been noticing lately, My ability to spell in English is going DOWN,  DOWN, DOWN. I've been having a lot of moments lately where I simply don't remember how to spell words in English any more. I may have to go study English again when I get back from my mission. Who knows?

Another thing, I've been thinking more and more about learning different languages when I get home. It would be truly incredible to be able to speak 3, 4, or even 5 languages! We'll see what happens.

Ok, news about this next transfer: Elder Nunez is finishing his mission in 2 days and going back to Panama; Elder Arroyo is still waiting for his Visa to Argentina; We're getting Elder Bosch as our new companion. He's about 3-4 1/2 months away from finishing his mission from what I've heard; and lastly, I've been called as district leader. It looks like this is going to be a pretty incredible transfer.

Miracles from this week:

About a month ago, we went and visited a less active member for some reason, and then we for some reason offered to help her with a bunch of projects that she wanted to get done in her back-yard.  (It may or may not be because she is from El Salvador, and offered to make us pupousas if we would help her). Anyways, we helped her out, and lost contact with her for a while. Randomly the other night, my companion decided we should stop by, so there we went.  When we got there, someone we didn't know answered the door, and as it turns out, it was the sister of the lady we knew who lived there. She just barely moved here from El Salvador (Yes she already agreed to make me pupousas) and she wants to be baptized! From what she says, her whole purpose in moving here to Utah was to go to church.

Unfortunately that's the only one I have time for this week, but it seems like for the last couple weeks, we've just been in the right place, at exactly the right time. A lot of the time, missionaries get referrals for people, go there, and then those people get baptized, but this week, it's been all about just being in the right place when the people pass by. Pretty incredible stuff!

I just want to end with my testimony about this work. I don't see honestly how it would be possible, or how it could possibly function if it were not true.   Like many people have said, "If this work weren't true, the 19 year olds preaching the word to all the world, would have ruined it a long time ago, but somehow, the work progresses every single day.”  I have seen this gospel change lives. Just in the last month I have seen people who are going down terrible paths, and were even planning on doing even more terrible things THE NEXT DAY, who when they heard the voice of God through his servants (The missionaries), gave up everything he had, and followed.  The stories taught in the Old Testament, New Testament, and Book of Mormon are not just stories of people in the past, they are examples of how we CAN and SHOULD be.  People say sometimes that Prophets are things of past, and there is no revelation, but that is not true. Just like I have seen people "Leave their nets and follow Jesus Christ" I know that the other examples and stories from the scriptures are not just stories and examples, they are TRUTH, and we should look for that light and truth wherever we can find it.  Miracles exist: FACT.  Revelation Exists: FACT.  Prophets exist today just as in times of old: FACT.  I am preaching the word of God, the same gospel Jesus himself preached during his earthly reign: FACT.  If you want proof about the things about God, read his Biographies: (Bible and Book of Mormon).

Love to all!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment