Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, September 26, 2011

What the crazy week?!?!

Title for this week: '"What the crazy week?!?!" Everything was going along pretty normally until Thursday night. At about 5 o clock Thursday night, we received a call from our mission president (we had just knocked the door to go in to our dinner appointment.)  Anyways, he asked if we had room for an extra bed in our apartment. My companion told him yes, then he asked to talk to me. He then asked told me that there was a missionary coming to our mission straight from the MTC who would be in our mission while waiting for his VISA to go to Argentina, and he told me that I would be training him for the time that he'd be here (Probably 3 weeks).  In any case, not only are we now a trio, but I'm training a new missionary who just barely completed his 3rd week as a missionary.

This is kinda confusing, because my companion is the Senior companion, and he's also the District leader, (and he's going to finish his mission in about 2 weeks) but I'm the trainer for the new missionary. It's a very strange balance, but so far it's been working out pretty decently. It's pretty exciting to have a trio too. Before this transfer I kept thinking "I'd like to have as many experiences from as many different aspects of the mission as possible. Well here's the new things I've been experiencing so far this last 4 weeks: White washing an area, Being someone's last companion, training, being in a trio, having a new missionary come in in the middle of a transfer, and I'm sure there's something else that I'm forgetting.

A little bit about the new missionary: His name is Elder Arroyo, he's from Arizona, 21 years old, going to Argentina, likes to do tricks and stuff (such as back flips, free running, that kind of stuff). He's eager to learn, to teach, and to participate in the lessons. He'll be a great missionary. Hopefully I don't mess him up :P

Ok, I've only got time for one awesome story this week, then I have to go. So a couple days ago, we received a referral for someone names Erika de la torre. Finally last night we were able to make it over there where she lives. When we knocked the door, this lady answers and is pretty excited to see us (She looks somewhat familiar to me). After talking a little bit she tells us that she loves the church, that all of her family are members, and that she really wants the church for her daughters, and that maybe she'd like to be baptized as well (Her daughters I don't think are old enough to be baptized). Anyways, we set up a return appointment, and were about to leave, when I asked her for some reason, of she had any family in Provo. She said yes, her dad named Salomon, and her two brothers.  At that moment, my mind basically exploded! Want to know why? Because we baptized her dad about 6 months ago! She said she'd been talking with her mom just the day before, and her mom has been trying to get her to go to church, and she said that if the missionaries were to stop by, that she'd accept them. Now the thing is, the referral we got that took us to that house, was not for her, it was for somebody else that lives about 2-3 blocks away, apparently they gave us a wrong address, but the referral cam before she had even talked with her mom and told her that she would accept the missionaries.  There's so much more to this story as well, she's been around about 2 or 3 of my other recent converts over in Provo, while I was there teaching them! WOWOWOW!

Anyways, unfortunately, I wasn't able to go try the 72 oz snow cone challenge, but we're planning on going there right after this, so that we can all try it. Results next week!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment