Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011

Last monday after I sent off my email, we went out for a P-day activity, and the car broke. (I had nothing to do with it don't worry :D)  In any case, the car started overheating, and they had to take it to the shop. We thought it would be there a few days, but apparently, it's going to be there for about a month. I have no idea why it's going to take so long, but there's nothing we can do about it.  What that means for us: "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike! I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like!!" If you don't get that reference, don't worry about it. Needless to say, We're riding bikes.  It's not too bad, except that our bicycles are pretty dang terrible. My companion has gone through 3 bikes this week, and I've had to fix mine numerous times this week. Actually, yesterday, my bike completely broke. First of all, my seat broke, and was moving around like crazy, so I took it out to switch it with another seat. While I was trying to put the new seat in, the part on the bike where you put the seat in completely broke off. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures. I wasn't really mad, just kinda annoyed, but I figured it would be a great opportunity to pick up my bike and throw it, so I did. It was pretty exciting. ANYWAYS, It just so happens that it's been about 100 degrees every day this last week here in Utah....not so fun. I actually managed to get burned pretty well. I've got a pretty sweet watch tan line. Just to add to the irony, I decided to bring my BYU t-shirt with me to use as a sweat rag (I've decided to be a U of U fan until my first day at BYU). It's been working pretty well.  I believe last week I talked about how we had so much food that we hardly knew what to do with ourselves (I gained like 8 pounds in 2 weeks), well as in the story of Joseph of Egypt, after every good time of plenty comes the famine. We've had our last three dinners cancell on us, which is kinda annoying because we live at the top of a hill, and we don't have enough time, energy, or want to go home to get food, so we've just been going to the stake center, and sleeping which is kinda nice.
Ok time for the big news. I'M GOING TO PAYSON! I'm getting transferred this wednesday. When President called my to tell me my transfer call, he said some of the sweetest words I've heard in awhile, "Come to the bellview chapel at 10:30 wednesday morning, and pick up your car keys from the AP's"  BOO-YAH! I feel kinda bad that Elder Chavez who is staying here is going to have to keep biking for another 3-4 weeks, but I'm definitely excited to be a little bit lazy again by having a car.  The other part of my transfer call, is that my new companion (Elder Nunez from Panama) and I are going to be white-washing an old sister missionary's area.  We're both going to be completely new to the area. Fortunately, I know where there's a really good pupousa place there in Payson, so if we start to get sad we can just go there and load up on El Salvadorean goodness.  I've been going around saying good-bye to people and everybody keeps telling me I don't look sad to be leaving. I'm actually really not all that sad. I'm definitely going to miss some of the people here, but Payson is pretty close, and I'll be able to come back for baptisms. I'm not really sure if I'm just excited to not have to ride up the hill to our house every night, or if I'm excited to see a different part of the mission, but I'm definitely excited for whatever comes my way.  My new companion sounds like a pretty awesome missionary. Apparently he was just barely a Zone Leader, super obedient, and this is going to be his last transfer in the mission.
More to come next week
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment