Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

This week is the last week of transfers, and I get the feeling that I'm about to get transferred. Elder Chavez and I are working hard to make sure that the area is ready for the next missionaries that come in, but it seems like everybody who's progressing is moving! We've got someone else who should be getting baptized soon who is moving out this Thursday, and a few weeks from now there's another investigator moving away. Through all of that though, we've still got a few faithful investigators who are progressing towards baptism, and I know there are others out there waiting for us. Even with the 10 or so investigators who have moved out lately, we've still got something like 47 investigators we're trying to teach. (some of them are quite evasive) Hopefully we can weed out some of the people who really don't want to learn, and find some more who are really excited about the gospel so that we don't just get in to a pattern of going to find the same people all the time, and they're never home.
 
I found out this last week that one of the members from my branch presidency from the MTC lives about a block away from me. I can hardly believe that I've been here for 4 months already, and that I just barely found out that he lives there. CRAZY! Anyways, we went out to eat, and I got a MASSIVE plate of Mexican nachos! It was incredible! and I basically had to roll out of the place.
 
I wish you all could see how much food people have been giving us lately. It's pretty incredible! I'm pretty sure that if I weren't allergic to wheat, and I wanted to gain 100 pounds, it would be pretty dang easy here in this area. Everywhere we go, people give us food! It's incredible!  For about three days straight this last week I was sooooo full that I could hardly move. Somehow incredibly I'm not gaining that much weight though. I'm sure it will catch up to me eventually, but I've been expecting to come home fat and bald anyways, so it wouldn't be too bad. (Let's hope neither of those happen) .  In any case, don't worry mom about me having enough food. I'm getting WAY WAY WAY too much :D
 
We had a baptism this week! Her name is Karina, and she is AWESOME! Her husband got baptized awhile ago, and while he was being taught, she was pregnant and couldn't really be in the lessons, but then they moved here, and told us she wanted to be baptized! We've been working with her since I got here, and were finally able to help her pin down a date. She speaks pretty good English, and the other day we were there talking with her husband, when she walked in with her baby and said, "Les presento un cute baby" (I present to you a cute baby). It was pretty awesome.
 
Alright, well I gotta go. I'll have more information about transfers next week.
 
Cuidense!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment