Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PAAAARRAAADDDDDEE!!!

To begin, there is about 1 thing I like about Utah, and that is: The sun here doesn't burn me all that much for some reason. In Oregon I could be out in the sun for half an hour and turn BRIGHT red, but here it's not so bad for some reason. Kinda weird.
 
Second of all, FORTH OF JULY! All of the Provo Utah missionaries (yep, all 140 of us) got to march in a massive group in the Provo Parade. That was preeeety exciting. I felt like a celebrity. Everybody was going CRAZY for us. It was pretty awesome.  After that, my companion and I stayed in Provo for a little while to go visit a few of my recent converts there from my last area. It brought back a LOT of memories.  It was really incredible to realize that as much as I love these people, they all love me just as much if not more! I've always heard the stories of the link between missionaries and their converts, but I never really thought I'd be a part of that, and I just realized yesterday that it really does happen. Somehow, in some form or another, I became someone's missionary. They're all from completely different backgrounds than me. One is from Brazil (we taught in Portuguese) a bunch from Mexico, a couple from El Salvador, Peru, Chile, and somehow I've become one of their missionaries. Like I said before, my mind is being blown on pretty much a daily basis. One of my converts gave me a stuffed animal bear made of Alpaca fur. It is SOOOOOO soft, and it looks just like a mini Ewok!
 
There are a lot of really awesome people here who really want to learn, but for as many people we find who actually want to learn, there are about 10 more who say they're interested, but really want nothing to do with us. It's kind of frustrating, but the work continued regardless.
 
You know, lately I've been thinking about trying to learn Portuguese, Italian, and/or French when I get home. That would be pretty dang awesome to be able to communicate in 5 different languages! We'll see about that though. I'm not sure I'm willing to put all the time necessary in to learning it all. We'll see!
 
As much as I don't like the water here, it's really dry, the air is really thin, and it's really hot, I'm somehow enjoying myself here quite a bit! I'm not sure how that makes sense, but somehow it does.
 
Until next week
 
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment