Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

I realized this week that I absolutely FAIL at remembering names! Somehow my companion can remember basically everyone, and when we look at the list of dinners, he knows what family it is, and what house and everything, whereas I basically fail at that. Somehow I never really realized that before, but it's something that I'm definitely going to be working hard on for these next couple of weeks.  Also, ITS TRANSFER WEEK! I'm staying here in this area, and I'm getting a new comp named Elder Chavez. All I know is that he's from El Salvador, and that he speaks Spanish. I'll fill in more details next week. Oh, one more thing, I'm senior comp! That pretty much means nothing, but I thought it was kinda cool.
 
Alright, so last week I mentioned how basically all of our investigators are moving. Well one of our favorite families (the one who we made a bunch of paper airplanes with, and then they suddenly disappeared 2 days later) happened to move in to half of the house of one of our investigators who got baptized this week! (Our investigator Gabriel owns the house, and the Corales family moved in). Anyways, we showed up for an appointment with Gabriel to set up his baptismal program, and when we got there we saw the 4 Corales kids outside playing (we were VERY surprised) Anyways, we went up and asked them where they lived, and they pointed to the blue house behind them (Gabriel's house) and said, "That one!" We went inside, and there were their parents! WHHHHAAAATTT?! It blew my mind. Anyways, so we went in and talked to Gabriel, and the whole time, Jose Corales (the dad) sat in and listened. You know what was even better? Basically all Gabriel wanted to do was bear testimony to Jose! He kept telling him about how of a difference the missionaries had made in his life, and how he needed to get baptized!  It came off a little bit straight forward and blunt, but I was smiling from ear to ear the entire time!
 
That's all for this week.
Elder Williams
 

No comments:

Post a Comment