Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4-25-2011

This week marks the last week for me in my first area. We got our transfer calls, and I'm on my way out to serve in the Mapleton/Springville spanish area. My new companion's name is Elder Perkins. He's another white guy and he's been out about as long as I have. This next transfer is going to be an interesting one. Someone 2 white guys have to go around and convince people in spanish that everything they've believed their whole live is wrong. Fortunately it's not quite that extreme, and we don't do any convincing at all, we just share what we know, and invite people to learn more, and to eventually be baptized, but still, it seems pretty foreboding to me.  We'll see how this all works out.

Besides that, I'm pretty dang sad to be leaving me area. I've met some pretty incredible people here, and if my mission were to end right now (Which thank heavens it wont) I would be pretty impressed by some of the crazy miracles I've seen, and the experiences I have had.  The missionary work really is incredible, and it can change people's lives. Seriously, it changes lives.

This last saturday we had two baptisms. We were supposed to have 3, but satan was working in overdrive and one of them got postponed for 2 weeks. I'm really anxious for that one. I have a feeling like there's going to be more hardships and trials in the persons life that might cause her to postpone her baptism even more. Hopefully I'm wrong.  Besides that, one of our other baptisms almost got postponed as well. We've been teaching a 15 year old kid, and his brother (who got baptized about a month and a half ago) was supposed to baptize him.  The night before the baptism, we get a call on the phone. The kid had gotten kicked out of his house (temporarily) and had gotten in a massive argument with his brother.  Fortunately things worked themselves out, and the kid was still able to get baptized the next morning by his brother.

We've been having a lot of problems lately with people getting kicked out of their houses. It's starting to get annoying, and it's hard to set up appointments with people when they really don't have anywhere to live.

Well that's all for now.

Have a great week! And be sure to congratulate my brother on getting married if you know him!

Elder Williams

PS: Mom Williams is sorry for the delay in getting this posted.  Older brother, James just got married in Arizona and I have not had access to a computer to get this posted in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment