Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, April 18, 2011

4-18-11

How to describe this week? I have no idea. Where to start describing it? I also have no idea, so here we go.  I love the recent converts we have in this ward. They are so awesome! This week we met a guy named Gonzalo. He was nervous about listening to us in his house, because it's not actually his house, and the other guy who lives there is not interested at all in the "Mormons" and wants absolutely nothing to do with us, but he said that he was really curious and that he wanted to come to church. We weren't really expecting him to show up, but Sunday came and there he was, in jeans and a sweatshirt, but somehow he fit in just fine. After sacrament meeting he asked where the next class was. We took him in there, but we had to go to another ward, and we were trying to figure out what we should do because we didn't want to just leave the guy. Just as we walked in the room for the next class, one of the new members said "Hermano! Sientate aqui conmigo!" (Come sit with me!) That definitely brought a smile to my face. The Ward mission leader from that same ward passed around a list in the Elders quorum asking for people to put down their names, and when they would be able to go out with the missionaries (us). It didn't really surprise me, but definitely brought a smile to my face to see that the first two names on the list were two of our recent converts.

We get transfer calls this Saturday, and we think that I'm getting transferred out of this area. You can never be sure, but next week I should know for sure my fate :P  Also this week, I hit my 6 month mark. I find this somewhat ridiculous. Time is flying by way way way too fast. I want to just chill in my first couple months out in the field for awhile, but I guess that's not how it works.

Anyways, I hope life's going well for all of you, and I'll talk to you next week!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment