Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011

This week was strange. We had 14 or 15 investigators that we were expecting would come to church, and some of them had even promised to our faces saying "I promise you I will come to church on Sunday" and yet only two of them showed up. Besides that, we finished painting the inside of a house, an investigator gave me a guitar for free, I learned how to almost completely solve a 4x4 Rubiks cube, we had a couple get married and baptized (HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK FOR SURE), we met a new family that is incredible, It rained a bit and almost smelled like Oregon for about 20 minutes, taught a LOT of lessons, spoke Spanish (which is still blowing my mind), and I twisted my ankle really bad playing soccer with some investigators so I've been limping through the whole thing. Fun stuff! My ankle feels fine now though so don't worry mom :)
 
You know what's incredible? Being an answer to someone's prayers.  I've had it happen time and time again, where someone has been praying for something, (in some cases, praying for years) and then we show up and somehow things suddenly work themselves out, and we don't even realize we've done anything spectacular until they come tell us with tears in their eyes that they've been waiting for, and praying for that moment for years. 
 
Another thing I learned this week: I need to be more humble again. This week is going to be a "humble week" for me. I'll let you know how that goes next week.
 
Unfortunately, that's all the time I have for today.
 
Until next week! (unless you decide to send me a letter :D)
Elder Williams!

No comments:

Post a Comment