Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011

We got transfer calls this week, and guess what?! I get to stay in my area for 6 more weeks!! :D Alright so we had some awesome stuff happen this week, first of all, we were at church this week, and the kid (4 yrs old-ish) of one of our investigators (who is getting baptized this weekend!) kept staring at us. So eventually my companion made a fake gun with his fingers and pretended to shoot the kid, and he ducked out of sight, just to peek back up a few seconds later. My comp "shot" him again, and he ducked again, and then peeked around the corner. This went on for about 2-3 minutes, and thoroughly made my day. In other news, we picked up 4 potential investigators from knocking doors. One of them lives right next to the house of the brother of the stake president (hopefully that makes sense). Anyways, the brother of the stake president (Let's call him Bob) has been trying to fellowship his Spanish neighbors for a long time now. He's been shoveling the snow for them when it snows, he fixed their water heater or something like that, and basically just tried to do what he can to be a good neighbor. He gave them as a referral to the missionaries awhile ago, but no one ever got around to contacting them, however, they did pass the address on to me so that I could contact them. One night, we finally felt it was the right time to knock their door, so we went and knocked, and nobody was home. Just as we were about to leave, they drove up! We went over and started to talk to them but there weren't really all that interested. All of a sudden Bob walked out of his front door and started heading towards his car, then looked over, saw us, and walked over. He came over, put his hand on my shoulder, looked them in the eyes, and said "These are good guys, they're my friends. I want you to know that everything they have to tell you is true, and that you should listen to them. He then talked with them for a few seconds, and went on his way. Needless to say, we have an appointment with them tomorrow, and they are more than excited to hear about what we have to say. Coincidence? I think not.  Alright, that's about all I got for this week.

Until next week my friends!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment