Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21, 2011 - Incredible how time is flying by!

Oh my goodness how time flies, I keep trying to write "December 2010" on everything, then I realize that I'm 2 months off, and not even in the right year. Alright, so lets see, this week some pretty awesome stuff happened. This morning we went over to an investigator's house who is about to be baptized, and taught him about the word of wisdom (No coffee alcohol, tea, tobacco (smoking), or other illegal drugs). We thought he'd been taught this before since he's been investigating for awhile, but apparently not. Anyways, he told us that this morning, he took out the coffee and he was about to make some, but then his coffee can fell and spilled all over the floor. He decided that it was a sign (since we were coming like 20 minutes later) from God that he shouldn't drink Coffee. Turns out he was right! And he was slightly surprised when we ended up teaching him about the word of wisdom. Anyways, that's only one of the many crazy awesome things that have been going on around here in Utah. Aside from that, Spanish has been coming pretty well. I'm finally starting to feel confident. Now, I'm definitely not a pro, and I still have absolutely no idea what's going on some of the time, but I think I'll quickly get to the point where I'm not embarrassing myself daily. It's pretty incredible being able to communicate in Spanish. Every once in awhile I surprise myself by saying some long string of Spanish, and then I look at the person I'm talking to because in my head it really doesn't make sense that other people understand what I'm saying, but then they respond immediately without even giving me a weird look or anything. It's pretty dang weird. But there are other moments where I'm having a full out conversation in Spanish, and then in the middle of it I realize that I'm not speaking English, but that I can still understand it, and everything that's going on. The weird part about that is when I'm having one of those moment, and then my mouth suddenly opens and starts talking. It's a pretty crazy out of body experience. Anyways, That's all the time I've got for today, but I hope everything is going good out in the world!

Amor por todos, y hasta luego
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment