Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, February 7, 2011

2-7-2011 A new companion and wonderful miracles happening

I got a new companion this week! His name is Elder Campos. He's from the Bronx, New York, but his parents are from Puebla, Mexico. He's pretty freakin legit. He joined the church about 3 1/2 years ago, when he was like 18, and now here he is out on a mission. He's way excited about the work, and I have a feeling things are about to start going really well here. As for crazy stories, we got to paint a house this week. Somehow, someone got hold of the idea that the missionaries should paint this house, and i gotta admit, it's pretty freaking fun. I'm not really all that great at painting, but I can reach everything without a ladder so whatever.  We're working really hard right now at trying to find people. It probably sounds crazy, but yes we do go knocking door to door here in Provo, Utah, and with some pretty decent success! A lot of people here are willing to listen to us simply because of the sheer mass of Mormons here. They just want to know what the heck everybody here believes. Good stuff! Alright, so we've had some pretty awesome stuff happen here. I don't know how God does is, but he always seems to put us in exactly the right places at exactly the right times for everything to happen exactly perfect. Now I'm not saying that this always happens. We get plenty of doors slammed in our faces, and plenty of people who want absolutely nothing to do with the church, but for every person we find who is even midly interested, and lets us in to their homes to teach them, it makes it oh so totally worth it. You know what I think is crazy? I think it's crazy that people let us in to their homes to teach them. If I were these people here, I'm not sure if I'd even really let anybody come in to my house to "teach" me about some other religion that I don't really even want to hear anything about, but here, it seems like every once in awhile we run in to people who just open the door, see that we're the missionaries, say "pasen, pasen" (come in, com in), sit us down, get us water, then sit down and wait for us to teach them. Now the crazy thing is that some of these people have never listened to the missionaries before. Some of them don't even know what a missionary is.  It's crazy, and it doesn't make sense to me, but I'm alright with that. I don't know if it's just the latino community, or what's up, but I love it.

Alright, that's all I got this week. I'll see what kind of crazy stuff I can get myself in to this week to share with you next time.

Chao!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment