Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011 Email

This week was an interesting one. Most of our investigators left for the Christmas season, or had family over and didn't really want to hear from the missionaries, but I'm definitely excited because this week they're all coming back and we'll be able to really get some work done. 

Miracles are happening left and right, and I'm honestly amazed at how much God loves his missionaries.  It seems like we're always in just the right place at just the right time, and I love it.  Let me share just one of my many incredible experience:   Alright, so for those of you who don't know, I'm allergic to wheat or more specifically, gluten (I'm Celiac if that means anything to you), anyways, yesterday my companion forgot to call our dinner appointment and tell them that I had allergies, so we showed up and they had made lasagna. Yesterday was fast Sunday, and I had been fasting for like 30 hours (accidentally of course seeing as I forgot to eat lunch on Saturday), and so I decided to just eat and see what happened. I ate and ate and ATE because I was freaking hungry, and a strange thing happened. NOTHING. I had absolutely no reaction at all to the gluten.  Now this doesn't mean that I'm going to go around eating all the wheat in sight, but I have faith that as I do my best to avoid wheat while I'm here on my mission, the Lord will provide me with strength when I need it.  Oh, and also, Regular lasagna tastes weird.

Alright, here are some other things that have happened while I've been out here on my mission:
-I learned how to solve a rubiks cube in under 2 minutes and 30 seconds
-I learned just because you know material doesn't mean you can teach it.
-Listening to people is the best way to teach
-Shoes don't polish themselves
-If I sleep on my side with my knees slightly bent, my blanket is almost long enough, and my feet almost don't go off the end of the bed)
-The Latino testimony meetings are incredible
-The Latino people are also incredible
-The hardest part of life is always going to be getting out of bed in the morning. If you can successfully pick a time to get up, and actually get up at that time, then chances are that you will be successful in life.
-If it's less that 10 degrees outside, you're going to be cold. Don't even try to avoid it. Don't try to run because you will slip on ice, and don't go really slowly because you'll still probably slip, and you'll just end up being colder. Just do what you usually do, and don't be stupid.

Alright, now that I've successfully made a list, I think it's time for a spiritual thought: I think this scripture is in Enos (The Book of Mormon) chapter 1 verse 6 "And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie, therefore my guilt was swept away"  Basically my thought is this. God can't lie. How great is that?! That is probably my favorite part of being a missionary. We teach people, and then we tell them: "Alright, so we don't want you to believe us. We want you to go ask God through prayer, and he will tell you if these things are true. People lie, We tell you one thing, someone else tells you something completely contradictory to what we say, which means what one of us is lying. But there's always one God, and he will never contradict himself, and he will never lie. When we learn things from God, and not from man, then we know it to be completely true."

Sweetness, I hope life is going well for everybody, and thanks for all the notes and cards and stuff. It's weird being away from family for Christmas, and it was great to feel the support of all of you.

Tengan una buean semana! Es un mandato!
Con Amor, como siempre
-Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment