Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

I don't think I've ever had bigger mood swings in my life than being here on a mission. It's kinda hilarious actually. First I get mad at myself because I want to be fluent at Spanish, then I realize that I've been speaking Spanish for a total 3 months now, then I go somewhere and speak almost perfect Spanish, which makes me happy of course, then I see somebody do something stupid and get annoyed, then we go to a lesson and teach, and the person didn't keep any of their commitments which is even more annoying, then we teach an incredible lesson and I get all happy again, then we realize that we're 20 minutes late for our next appointment and I get nervous, then we show up to their house and they're not there, so we go knocking doors or contacting, and find someone who really wants to learn about the gospel and I get excited to go back and teach them more, then we eat, then more and more and more. Basically every single half an hour of my mission I have a different attitude. Anyways, days are too short. I don't understand how anybody ever gets anything done outside the mission. We have all day just to teach and bring people closer to Christ, and it seems like we hardly have time to do that. With all the distractions out in the world I honestly can not comprehend how anyone ever does anything.  Anyways, I'm learning, and I'm growing, and this is definitely the best time of my life.  Alright, I'm sorry this is kinda short, but If things go right this week I should have a really incredible story to share next week.  I hope life is treating you all well!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment