Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12/1/2010 - IT IS ALREADY DECEMBER!!!

I am somewhat incredulous that it is already December. I've been here for SEIS SEMANAS! Este es muy increible. Entonces, Esta semana fue muy interesante. I had some really really good moments, as well as some really stressful moments. But first let me start off by answering a question that apparently a lot of people have been asking. I've been getting, and sending out about 5-6 letters a week, three of which are generally to family, and usually one to somebody else out on a mission. Alright, now for my week!
 
The week began on Thursday (I consider Thursday the first day of the week because I got in to the MTC on a Wednesday afternoon, and Wednesday is my P-day) anyways, last Thursday was thanksgiving, and we has a special devotional. My whole district waiting in line for like 3 hours so that we could have seats up in the front (it's hard to get a good seat when you're competing with 2,300 other excited missionaries. Anyways, we got really good seats, and then we found out that the speaker for the devotional would be none other than JEFFERY R. HOLLAND! MUY MUY MUY MUY MUY INCREIBLE!!! I've heard 4 apostles in the short 6 weeks that I've been here. Anyways, that was really awesome. I'm going to skip ahead just a little bit and say that yesterday we also got the opportunity to hear from the general relief society president. AWESOME!
 
Anyways, now about the stressful parts:
 
I get annoyed when people act stupid, and even more annoyed when they don't realize that they're acting stupid, and then EVEN MORE annoyed when I'm their zone leader and I'm responsible for all of the stupid things that they do. I'm not going to name any names because no matter what they've done I still respect them and their choice to come and serve their missions, but it's been stressful trying to solve problems without hurting feelings, or making people feel bad, however, I feel I have been successful! I am grateful for the opportunity to struggle and grow, and I'm sure that this wont be the end of the hard times on my mission. It's somewhat strange though, I've been tired and stressed because of these problems, and hence have had a harder time focusing on my own studies, but as I focused on others, I realized that my ability with Spanish, and my knowledge of the gospel have increased greatly.  I am beginning to discover that love really is the secret to life.  Without love, we feel worthless, and if we don't give love to others, then what worth do we really have ourselves.
 
Anyways, I definitely miss everybody, and all the great times I've had, but I know that this is where I'm supposed to be in my life right now.  I love this gospel with all my heart, and I am excited to share it with the people of Provo.
 
3 WEEKS LEFT!
 
 Thank you to all of you who are praying for me. I really appreciate it. I have a testimony that through prayer we truly can communicate with God, (our Heavenly Father) and that he truly has, does, and will answer our prayers, and I have felt the power of those of you who have been praying for me, and I am praying for each of you as well. Especially those of you whom I have been informed are going through tough times right now. I hope you all can feel my love and support, and realize that I can only give a TINY fraction of the love that God can give to us.  Seek his love, and make sure you have a good relationship with him. IT'S OH SO TOTALLY WORTH IT! and after all, he is our Padre celestial! :D
 
ADIOS
Con mucho amor SIEMPRE!
 
Elder Williams
-

No comments:

Post a Comment