Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12-8-2010

MADRE! This week I have been thinking A LOT about family, and I want you to know that I love you and I'm praying for you. I really appreciate everything that you do for me and this week I have really really really received a confirmation that our family is eternal, and that we will have all eternity to party together arriba en los cielos! I'm really really excited for that. I'm beginning to see everyone as part of our family, and I'm excited MUCHO to go back to live with our Heavenly Father. Simply this knowledge has changed my life. The message is simple. God is our father, and he wants us to return to live with Him. He can, will, and DOES answer our prayers EVERY TIME! Even sometimes if we don't follow through with our part of our promises. We learn all of this through the simple statement in Moses 1:39: "This is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." What is eternal life? Life with our Heavenly Father, GOD, in the celestial kingdom, but not only that, it's life with EACH OTHER as well. God want's nothing more than that. Just like on my mission, my goal is to be His instrument. I am not out here to improve myself, I am here to be His instrument. That is my only goal. And because of that I will learn and grow a lot, but that is not my purpose. Always remember your purpose in life. If you don't know what your purpose is, then figure it out, ask God what it should be, and live for that purpose.  I love you a lot, and I can't wait to talk to you on CHRISTMAS!
For the general masses!:
HOLA! This week has been pretty crazy. I really received a great testimony of music, AGAIN, in my life. I was kinda stressed out this week for various reasons, and then my friend from my district and I got invited to go sing for this super awesome devotional thing. Somehow, out of 2,300 missionaries here, him and I were picked to be a part of this 16 person group that will perform in two weeks. We had a rehearsal, and My friend and I had a BLAST in the back just cracking jokes, singing awesomely, and basically just enjoying ourselves. (Of course I was completely respectful to the person trying to teach us the song, but I had a blast) anyways, at the end of the practice, I got all the basses together, had everyone put their fists in the middle, and I said, "Alright, Fish on three! One, Two, Three!" And they all said "FISH" and then they all realized what I'd made them say, and were really confused until I explained, "We're Bass" (Bass = a kind of fish) Anyways, I thought it was hilarious, and it basically made my day!
Besides that I wanted to address something that I heard someone posted on my facebook wall. The question was in response to one of my previous blog posts, and apparently it was something like this: "What do you mean that we can be influenced by satan." First of all, I'm sorry for not explaining my thoughts better. I don't really have much time today but I'd like to at least express a few thoughts about the matter.  In the Bible, in the book of John, we read about Judas-Iscariot (Por favor perdon a mi with the spelling of his name. I don't have time to go look it up exactly) In John 13:2 we read:"And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him (him = Jesus in this case). In this scenario, not only did the devil himself put an idea in to Judas' head, but the thought was so strong that in was ingrained in his heart.  I know there are probably other interpretations of this scripture, but this is how I perceive it. ALSO, in Matt 4 versus 1-4 we read about  How Jesus himself was tempted by the Devil. I don't have time to write it all out, but I want you to think about this. I imagine that these were just thoughts in the head of Jesus, since he had been fasting for 40 days, you can imagine he would be hungry. But he realized that the thoughts in his head were not his own, he realized that they came from the source of all evil, being the devil.  I've found in my own life that I like to let my thoughts simply wander around about various things. This is when we need to be most careful. If we always focus on listening to the Holy Ghost ( The third member of the Godhead, and God's messenger) and thus keeping our thoughts clean, then when we let our minds wander, they will continue to listen to the promptings therein, BUT if we allow ourselves to focus on the promptings of the Devil, then when our thoughts wander, they will go back to the promptings of the devil. I have seen some pretty incredible things happen in my life from simply keeping my thought clean. When I focus on these clean and pure things, it brings me closer to God, and closer to the person that I want to be.
I have about 30 seconds left, but know that I love you all, and just because I'm not there doesn't mean that I don't care about you. I care about you all. You've all made me into who I am today. Thanks for that, and I'll talk to you all again next week.
Adios!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment