Tommy's Release Date

Since you asked, Tommy will be returning to Beaverton on October 25, 2012.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11-10-10 YAY

MTC life rocks! It is really crazy to think that I've been here for 3 weeks already, but in the same way, it's even crazier to think that only 3 weeks ago I was sitting at home watching tv and being lazy. I do quite enjoy being lazy, but it's not very often that I get to do that here at the MTC and I am really beginning to see the blessings.  So I've talked a little bit in my emails about the MTC, but this week I'm going to focus mostly on the people here, and some of the awesome experiences I've been able to have while being here. 
 
First: My district. In my district there are ten of us. ME!
 
My companion Elder Boehmer: He's from Calgary Canada currently, but he's moved about every 9 months of his life since he was born.  He's quite intelligent and he was studying to be a chemical engineer before he came out on his mission.  He's decently tall, and as thin as a stick! We get along pretty well, and although he's a bit different than me in a LOT of ways, we have our similarities.  Our biggest problem is that we both think very deeply, and therefore we often get really distracted by getting really really deep into scriptural doctrine.
 
Elder Partis: I really respect Elder Partis. He's the only person from my district going to Wisconsin, and he had to lose 40 pounds before they would even let him come on his mission. He is one of the funniest and most practical people I know, and he always has awesome responses to anything you ask him.  He's going to be a great missionary. Also, he's pretty decent at picking up spanish.
 
Elder Jacobson: He's from Florida, and he is always putting himself in the middle of things. If the teacher asks for a volunteer he is almost always the first person with his hand in the air even if he doesn't know what he's volunteering for. He struggles a lot with spanish, but he's working to figure it out, and I know that he can do it if he really puts his mind to it.
 
Elder Taylor: He's our district leader. He is an incredible person. He knows how to connect with people without bragging or being stuck up. He is simply good at including himself in activities and he is not afraid to do something he's not comfortable. He took a lot of spanish before he came to the MTC, and him and I have a small competition going to see who can get fluent first.  I really enjoy just sitting and talking with him about spanish, stick figures that we drew, or the gospel.
 
Elder Pederson: This Elder reminds me almost exactly of MITCH MATTHEWS! And apparently him and Mitch are pretty good friends. I really don't even know how to describe him besides that. He enjoys doing just about anything, and he is completely committed to the work. He is almost constantly working on memorizing new words and whether or not they are really applicable to what we need to know, he makes sure to use them!
 
Hermana Wheatly: She is short, but she can really eat! haha. We bet her one morning that she couldn't finish her food as well as a bunch of other food that we had, and she totally packed it all down! Incredible! Besides that she is super sweet, and really dedicated to the gospel. I love it!
 
Hermana Vawdrey: Talk about incredible! She got a 35 on the ACT and works harder than just about anyone I know. She truly inspires me to use my potential. I've been given many gifts from God, and it's nice to finally see what I can do when I use that potential for more than 5 minute spurts. I'm really glad she is in my district.
 
Hermana Dickson: Awesome spirit, awesome personality, awesome person! She loves music, and has a definite firm testimony of the gospel. What more need I say?! Oh, she's from Seattle, so we often complain to each other about the weather, or go celebrate when it rains.
 
Hermana Smith: She can truly connect with people. Her hair is long and brown, but she likes to put it up in a big poof on her head. I really don't even know how to explain it, except to say that it wouldn't look good on anybody, but somehow she pulls it off and it looks AWESOME. 
 
Alright, I've only got 7:30 left so I'm going to try to tell stories quickly! Yesterday we got to hear from the Apostle David A. Bednar. RIDICULOUSLY INCREDIBLE!!! His wife is pretty awesome as well.  So last night, all four of the people in my room left our keys in the room on accident and walked in to the bathroom. Then the door shut behind us. Lets just say that I got the opportunity to walk up to the main office in my PJ's and tell them how stupid I was, and that we locked ourselves out of our room. they gave me a spare key and I departed back to the residence hall through the FREEZING cold! It was not fun.  Besides that I got an opportunity to teach in what they call the TRC (Teaching Resource Center??) Anyways, we go in there and we have to introduce ourselves in EspaƱol for like 7 minutes, and then teach the person a lesson (in english) Well the Lady in there didn't know hardly any english, and long story short we taught almost completely in spanish.  As soon as I walked in the door my mouth started running away from me in spanish, and I really have no idea what happened. Iam really beginning to love the spanish people, and I'm not even out in the field yet!! I am really truly excited to serve the Lord here in Provo, and to help others come closer to God.
 
1 minute left! AHHHHHH
I know that this church is true. If you disagree, then TOO BAD. Go find out for yourself, because it is true, and it can bring JOY into your life. I'm seriously SOOOO happy right now!  alright.  ADIOS!!
 
Elder Williams!!
:D :D :D :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment